Friday, January 16, 2009

Registration, Pt. 1

First of all, my sister Abby is 8 today, so happy birthday! If you see her (and have a handy loaf of bread), give her a thwack of birthday love for me =)

I've developed quite a taste for Bulmer's cider over here. Last night we went to the Front Door and to Quays, where there was a really good band playing, and we met up with some other API people for an impromptu dance party. Today was classes and stuff, but I also finally became a real student with an ID card and an email and everything! Before I had it, Socs and things were rejecting me: "Oh, you don't have an ID? You don't have a number? You can't sign up for anything without a number..." It was rough, but I think I'll recover. I'm still not registered for classes, so I can't get any information or readings from the Blackboard system - we don't finish registering until the 26th or something.

Yesterday was Stefania's birthday, and today she made us pizza and cake! Her friend Irena (I belive that's how she spells it) and her roommates came over to cook and eat, so we had a nice evening full of eating and more eating. Irena's roommates are cool girls; one is from France, and the other's from Missouri. The pizza was absolutely delicious of course, and they made a whole bunch of them, which we took care of quite handily. Some had tuna on them, which is apparently a normal thing in Italy, and were really really good, and the others had ham, also delicious stuff. The cake was chocolate, which is always a good decision.

We've had relatively good weather so far: rain, of course, but mostly warmish weather. Tomorrow, however, is a different story: there's some huge storm coming from the sea across the west and northwest of Ireland, which is supposed to give us 70mph winds and 35ft waves... crazy stuff! We had wanted to take a day trip to see the Cliffs of Moher tomorrow, but the idea of being blown OFF the cliffs is not as appealing, so that will have to wait for another weekend I think. BUT the rain can go ahead and come, because my second suitcase is coming tomorrow along with the storm, and it has my rainboots!

I love you, family, and will be with you in spirit tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I have a French loaf ;)

    LOVE YOU, NORA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pumpkin! I didn't know what whacking someone would bread would do...so I just started doing that here at the library.

    The responses have been "oof!" "why?" and "I'm coming after you with pumpernickel!"

    I saw your fams last night. My thoughts are with them today, too...and with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear everything's starting to come together! We're big cider fans as well - I'll have to try and find some Bulmer's SOMEwhere here in the States. You are a dedicated blogger - I wish I updated mine as frequently as you do yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah stay off them cliffs of Moher in the high winds...I had to crawl so I wouldn't blow off the ledge on a pretty average day...also don't wear flip-flops or the mud will take them off. Yay for Bulmer's! Try it half-n-half with Guinness sometime; I believe it'd be called a poor man's black velvet someplaces...excellent winter delicacy <3

    ReplyDelete