Friday, January 9, 2009

Exploration Commences!

We had an API meal today at Milano's - yes, an Italian restaurant. The program paid, so we all ate a lot of pizza and tiramisu and other delicious things. Later, Ethan, Mike, and I went walking around Galway with my friend Shaina to get things like toilet paper and other fun things, but it was my first time to really explore the town, and it's amazing! We went to a few other stores, and Mike bought a kiddie guitar for the apartment (the big ones were too expensive). He's playing in the living room now. We're going out later tonight with some of the other API kids to hear some live sets at some of the bars downtown. Yes, I will eventually meet some Irish people, but the Irish students aren't back yet. We found out today that our mystery roommate is an Italian girl, although she hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully she'll be exciting and get along with us, because the four of us here already get along really well. I'll have pictures to put up once my luggage gets in with my camera cord. Tomorrow is a walking tour of Galway with some famous historian named Peadair (Irish for Peter) and then the market later in the day. Also, I was introduced to my new favorite store today: the 2 Euro store, where they have tons of useful things... and any Hannah Montana accessory you could ever want (does anyone ever, really?).

Fun fact! All of the people in my apartment sing, so now that we have the mini guitar it will be ALL SINGALONGS ALL THE TIME. I know all of you Meaghers would be proud =)

2 comments:

  1. Laura, Kelly, Sam and I say that we hope you get your luggage soon so you can take pictures! Kelly wants to see your roommates :-) And everyone says hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better buy me some, I tell you what. Hannah Montana accessories, I mean ;) Also, the staple songs you should sing during your singalongs are Brandy and any sort of Disney song, like "Belle" or "Just Around the River Bend" (though these may be hard to play on a mini guitar :-P )

    ReplyDelete